Count your blessings

          Count your blessings

          

           As I was feeling upset for some or the other personal reason this while, Papa came home carrying lamps made by the girls of the "Blind Girls  Association". This has been a tradition since some time now and we light the lamps made by the blind girls on the occasion of Diwali and also all round the year.  It is a happy-sad alloyed bunch of feelings. 

            The God, who didn't light ray of hope in their eyes, those very same blind souls make diyaa-s for Him, for His temple to light up. God gave them almost nothing, yet they offered him everything. We, with our intact and fulfilled vision, tend to disregard the visual and obvious blessings God has given us.  This also throws light on the meaning of Love. Love is selfless. Regardless of what is given to us, we must continue giving whatever we have. 

            We must value whatever we have, for it can be taken away from us the very next moment and in a second, our world can go from Everything to Nothing. Time is never the same. We must realize the potential of those good souls who stuck to us in our bad times as well as good ones. Life is one helluva ride of happiness and sadness. We feel we might have lack of something, but if seen with the eyes of any other being, it may seem that we might be having a lot. Not everyone has everything. Infact some don't even have the most basic things.  Giving 10% from 100% is good but giving 7% from just having 9% means a lot. 

             Life is pretty uncertain but also numbered. Such is the antithesis we're living in. And we call it an adventure. It is not any adventure, it is trial-and-error. Some trials are such that the human forever becomes an error. The blessings we do not realize that we have, are the most significant ones required for our happy existence. Being insecure comes with having seen bad days, being carefree comes with living more in the happy span of time. When happiness becomes so much multiplied, I personally fear if sadness might come at the next turn of the way ahead.  I've lost people I loved, which makes me vulnerable, insecure and hopeful all at the same time. 

         Having said that, yes I do realize the blessings that I have and it'd be fair enough to say that I'm alive because of those blessings, be it parents or friends or even my constant soft toy since I was 2.  I try to give 9% out of my already-possessed 10%, since I understand how it feels not being given much and still struggling to survive. Like the blind girls light up the God's abode by making beautiful lamps irrespective of their visionlessness, I would want to do the same with my own void. Helping someone somehow. Amen. 


Spread the light this Diwali.
Stay safe.
May all your wishes come true.


❤🌞 
             

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When this ends...

Shuru se shuru karein ❤